Ventura County News
Ventura man reportedly stabbed while breaking up fight in park
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 41-year-old man was reportedly stabbed while trying to break up a fight in a park in Ventura on Thursday.
Around 9:25 a.m., Jerry Hooper, a Ventura resident, approached an unidentified person in the area of California and Main streets to tell them he had been stabbed. That person called the police, who located Hooper nearby and called for medical assistance.
Hooper told officers that he had been stabbed while trying to break up a fight in Promenade Park about 30 minutes prior. However, Hooper would not supply any details on a suspect. Hooper was taken to a hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Officers searched Promenade Park and surrounding areas to no avail in an attempt to locate the crime scene and witnesses.
Anyone with information on the incident or a suspect is asked to call the Ventura Police Department or Crime Stoppers.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 53 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 39 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 18 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour