Ventura County News
Ventura man reportedly stabbed while breaking up fight in park
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 41-year-old man was reportedly stabbed while trying to break up a fight in a park in Ventura on Thursday.
Around 9:25 a.m., Jerry Hooper, a Ventura resident, approached an unidentified person in the area of California and Main streets to tell them he had been stabbed. That person called the police, who located Hooper nearby and called for medical assistance.
Hooper told officers that he had been stabbed while trying to break up a fight in Promenade Park about 30 minutes prior. However, Hooper would not supply any details on a suspect. Hooper was taken to a hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Officers searched Promenade Park and surrounding areas to no avail in an attempt to locate the crime scene and witnesses.
Anyone with information on the incident or a suspect is asked to call the Ventura Police Department or Crime Stoppers.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 58 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 29 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 23 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
20 min ago