Ventura County News
Man breaks into Oxnard homes while trying to evade cops
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard authorities arrested a man suspected of breaking into two homes while he was trying to evade police.
Officers said they responded to a burglary on the 1600 block of Evangeline Place around 5:15 p.m. Monday.
When police arrived, they were told that the suspect, identified as 28-year-old Christopher Mack, was trying to get into a second home in the area. He allegedly threatened, battered and prevented residents from calling police.
Officials said Mack fled the home. They chased him through several backyards and eventually caught him on the 1600 block of Patricia Street.
Mack was arrested and booked into the Ventura County Jail on several charges, including witness intimidation, criminal threats and burglary.
Anyone with information about the burglaries should call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740.
ventura county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review