Ventura County News
Man breaks into Oxnard homes while trying to evade cops
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard authorities arrested a man suspected of breaking into two homes while he was trying to evade police.
Officers said they responded to a burglary on the 1600 block of Evangeline Place around 5:15 p.m. Monday.
When police arrived, they were told that the suspect, identified as 28-year-old Christopher Mack, was trying to get into a second home in the area. He allegedly threatened, battered and prevented residents from calling police.
Officials said Mack fled the home. They chased him through several backyards and eventually caught him on the 1600 block of Patricia Street.
Mack was arrested and booked into the Ventura County Jail on several charges, including witness intimidation, criminal threats and burglary.
Anyone with information about the burglaries should call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740.
ventura county news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)