Ventura County News
Rabobank in Ventura robbed; man sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who allegedly robbed a bank in Ventura on Friday.
The incident happened around 5:45 p.m. at the Rabobank on the 300 block of South Mills Road. Police said a man entered the bank, brandished a knife and demanded money. A bank customer, who was standing in line, tried to stop the suspect by hitting him with a stanchion.
The suspect was able to flee with an undisclosed amount of money. He was seen leaving in a white vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Grand Am or something similar. No one was injured during the robbery.
The suspect was described as a white man between 35 and 45 years old. He was wearing a blue, long-sleeved stripe shirt, jeans and a blonde wig. Anyone with information was urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4343.
bank robbery, ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 19 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
9 min ago