Ventura County News
Rabobank in Ventura robbed; man sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who allegedly robbed a bank in Ventura on Friday.
The incident happened around 5:45 p.m. at the Rabobank on the 300 block of South Mills Road. Police said a man entered the bank, brandished a knife and demanded money. A bank customer, who was standing in line, tried to stop the suspect by hitting him with a stanchion.
The suspect was able to flee with an undisclosed amount of money. He was seen leaving in a white vehicle, possibly a Pontiac Grand Am or something similar. No one was injured during the robbery.
The suspect was described as a white man between 35 and 45 years old. He was wearing a blue, long-sleeved stripe shirt, jeans and a blonde wig. Anyone with information was urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4343.
bank robbery, ventura county news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 1 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater 54 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis