Ventura County News
Ventura armed robber attacks man, takes cash
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man with a gun attacked a man walking on the street in Ventura, punching him repeatedly before taking his wallet.
Ventura police received reports of the robbery at about 9:35 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of N. Olive Street.
Authorities say the victim was walking north on Olive Street when the suspect confronted him. The suspect spoke with the victim for a few moments before he began punching him. During the attack, police say the suspect brandished a handgun and demanded the victim's wallet. The victim complied, but when the suspect saw the wallet was empty, he started hitting the victim in the head with the gun.
The suspect then rummaged through the victim's pockets, took an undisclosed amount of cash and fled the area on foot. He was last seen walking west on Ramona Street. Police say the victim was treated for a minor head injury at the scene.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing all black clothing.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
robbery, ventura county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son