Ventura County News
Ventura armed robber attacks man, takes cash
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man with a gun attacked a man walking on the street in Ventura, punching him repeatedly before taking his wallet.
Ventura police received reports of the robbery at about 9:35 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of N. Olive Street.
Authorities say the victim was walking north on Olive Street when the suspect confronted him. The suspect spoke with the victim for a few moments before he began punching him. During the attack, police say the suspect brandished a handgun and demanded the victim's wallet. The victim complied, but when the suspect saw the wallet was empty, he started hitting the victim in the head with the gun.
The suspect then rummaged through the victim's pockets, took an undisclosed amount of cash and fled the area on foot. He was last seen walking west on Ramona Street. Police say the victim was treated for a minor head injury at the scene.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing all black clothing.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
robbery, ventura county news
- Search resumes for hiker in Santa Clarita 10 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 18 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 57 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
54 min ago