Ventura County News
4 arrested for Camarillo gang-related robberies
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested four suspects in a string of gang-related robberies, the Camarillo Police Department announced Friday.
Erica Arevalo, 20, Eric Gonzalez, 19, and two 17-year-old juveniles were arrested for several street robberies.
Arevalo, Gonzalez and the two juvenile suspects allegedly approached four juvenile victims near Adolfo Raod and Almendro Way in Camarillo Tuesday afternoon, brandished knives and demanded property from the victims. They took property and fled the scene, allegedly yelling out gang references to Colonia Chiques.
Arevalo and Gonzalez allegedly approached a fifth juvenile victim minutes later, brandished knives and demanded his property.
Arevalo was arrested several hours later by Camarillo police patrol deputies. The other suspects were identified during the investigation.
Thursday at about 5 p.m., Camarillo police and gang unit investigators arrested two male juveniles while serving a search warrants on the 800 block of Trevino Terrace and the 5200 block of Squires Drive in Oxnard.
Gonzalez was arrested Friday. He had been in custody at the Ventura County Sheriff's Office Main jail on unrelated robbery charges.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months