Ventura County News
4 arrested for Camarillo gang-related robberies
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested four suspects in a string of gang-related robberies, the Camarillo Police Department announced Friday.
Erica Arevalo, 20, Eric Gonzalez, 19, and two 17-year-old juveniles were arrested for several street robberies.
Arevalo, Gonzalez and the two juvenile suspects allegedly approached four juvenile victims near Adolfo Raod and Almendro Way in Camarillo Tuesday afternoon, brandished knives and demanded property from the victims. They took property and fled the scene, allegedly yelling out gang references to Colonia Chiques.
Arevalo and Gonzalez allegedly approached a fifth juvenile victim minutes later, brandished knives and demanded his property.
Arevalo was arrested several hours later by Camarillo police patrol deputies. The other suspects were identified during the investigation.
Thursday at about 5 p.m., Camarillo police and gang unit investigators arrested two male juveniles while serving a search warrants on the 800 block of Trevino Terrace and the 5200 block of Squires Drive in Oxnard.
Gonzalez was arrested Friday. He had been in custody at the Ventura County Sheriff's Office Main jail on unrelated robbery charges.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 17 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 58 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
9 min ago