Ventura County News
4 arrested for Camarillo gang-related robberies
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested four suspects in a string of gang-related robberies, the Camarillo Police Department announced Friday.
Erica Arevalo, 20, Eric Gonzalez, 19, and two 17-year-old juveniles were arrested for several street robberies.
Arevalo, Gonzalez and the two juvenile suspects allegedly approached four juvenile victims near Adolfo Raod and Almendro Way in Camarillo Tuesday afternoon, brandished knives and demanded property from the victims. They took property and fled the scene, allegedly yelling out gang references to Colonia Chiques.
Arevalo and Gonzalez allegedly approached a fifth juvenile victim minutes later, brandished knives and demanded his property.
Arevalo was arrested several hours later by Camarillo police patrol deputies. The other suspects were identified during the investigation.
Thursday at about 5 p.m., Camarillo police and gang unit investigators arrested two male juveniles while serving a search warrants on the 800 block of Trevino Terrace and the 5200 block of Squires Drive in Oxnard.
Gonzalez was arrested Friday. He had been in custody at the Ventura County Sheriff's Office Main jail on unrelated robbery charges.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'