Ventura County News
Missing boy, 4, in Santa Paula found safe
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 4-year-old boy in Ventura County was found after going missing for several hours in a rural area in scorching temperatures.
The boy, Anthony Arellanes, wandered off about 10:40 a.m. Monday from the 3600 block of Ojai Road in Santa Paula. He was spotted by authorities around 3:30 p.m. in a dry riverbed. It's unclear how long the boy had been missing before authorities were alerted.
Arellanes was found alert, conscious and talking after a massive search by land and air. He appeared to be in good condition and was taken to the hospital as a precaution, authorities said.
Authorities said the child was visiting his great uncle's 800-acre ranch with family and was playing outdoors with other children before wandering off.
Afternoon temperatures in the Santa Paula area soared to the high 90s.
missing person, ventura county news, robert holguin
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report