Ventura County News
Missing boy, 4, in Santa Paula found safe
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 4-year-old boy in Ventura County was found after going missing for several hours in a rural area in scorching temperatures.
The boy, Anthony Arellanes, wandered off about 10:40 a.m. Monday from the 3600 block of Ojai Road in Santa Paula. He was spotted by authorities around 3:30 p.m. in a dry riverbed. It's unclear how long the boy had been missing before authorities were alerted.
Arellanes was found alert, conscious and talking after a massive search by land and air. He appeared to be in good condition and was taken to the hospital as a precaution, authorities said.
Authorities said the child was visiting his great uncle's 800-acre ranch with family and was playing outdoors with other children before wandering off.
Afternoon temperatures in the Santa Paula area soared to the high 90s.
missing person, ventura county news, robert holguin
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)