Ventura County News
Missing boy, 4, in Santa Paula found safe
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 4-year-old boy in Ventura County was found after going missing for several hours in a rural area in scorching temperatures.
The boy, Anthony Arellanes, wandered off about 10:40 a.m. Monday from the 3600 block of Ojai Road in Santa Paula. He was spotted by authorities around 3:30 p.m. in a dry riverbed. It's unclear how long the boy had been missing before authorities were alerted.
Arellanes was found alert, conscious and talking after a massive search by land and air. He appeared to be in good condition and was taken to the hospital as a precaution, authorities said.
Authorities said the child was visiting his great uncle's 800-acre ranch with family and was playing outdoors with other children before wandering off.
Afternoon temperatures in the Santa Paula area soared to the high 90s.
missing person, ventura county news, robert holguin
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 15 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 47 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future