Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested for 2 bank robberies
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- With the help of Facebook, a Simi Valley man was arrested Monday in connection with two Citibank robberies.
The suspect, 65-year-old Nicholas Raymond Gonzales, reportedly robbed the Citibank at 2860 Cochran St. on Sept. 1.
Authorities say the robber told the bank teller he was armed with an explosive device before receiving an undisclosed amount of money and fleeing the scene.
The same Citibank was robbed July 9 by a suspect who carried out the same threats.
During the investigation, the Simi Valley Police Department posted the suspect's image, captured by the bank's surveillance camera from the second robbery, on their Facebook page. Within hours, a private citizen recognized the suspect and called police.
Gonzales was located in Los Angeles and arrested on Monday. Police believe he is responsible for both robberies.
arrest, bank robbery, ventura county news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 52 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
5 min ago