Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested for 2 bank robberies
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- With the help of Facebook, a Simi Valley man was arrested Monday in connection with two Citibank robberies.
The suspect, 65-year-old Nicholas Raymond Gonzales, reportedly robbed the Citibank at 2860 Cochran St. on Sept. 1.
Authorities say the robber told the bank teller he was armed with an explosive device before receiving an undisclosed amount of money and fleeing the scene.
The same Citibank was robbed July 9 by a suspect who carried out the same threats.
During the investigation, the Simi Valley Police Department posted the suspect's image, captured by the bank's surveillance camera from the second robbery, on their Facebook page. Within hours, a private citizen recognized the suspect and called police.
Gonzales was located in Los Angeles and arrested on Monday. Police believe he is responsible for both robberies.
arrest, bank robbery, ventura county news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film