Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested for 2 bank robberies
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- With the help of Facebook, a Simi Valley man was arrested Monday in connection with two Citibank robberies.
The suspect, 65-year-old Nicholas Raymond Gonzales, reportedly robbed the Citibank at 2860 Cochran St. on Sept. 1.
Authorities say the robber told the bank teller he was armed with an explosive device before receiving an undisclosed amount of money and fleeing the scene.
The same Citibank was robbed July 9 by a suspect who carried out the same threats.
During the investigation, the Simi Valley Police Department posted the suspect's image, captured by the bank's surveillance camera from the second robbery, on their Facebook page. Within hours, a private citizen recognized the suspect and called police.
Gonzales was located in Los Angeles and arrested on Monday. Police believe he is responsible for both robberies.
arrest, bank robbery, ventura county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 52 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 52 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 18 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 25 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry