Ventura County News
Juvenile arrested for multiple-arson related fires in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 13-year-old Thousand Oaks boy was arrested Friday for allegedly igniting three small arson fires near a hiking trailhead.
According to the Thousand Oaks Police Department, Ventura County fire crews responded to a fire off the trailhead at Moorpark Road and Greenmeadow Avenue Friday.
At the scene, investigators spotted the juvenile riding away from the area of the fire. When questioned, the minor allegedly confessed he was responsible for the previous arson-related trailhead fires.
Fire crews responded to a small brush fire in the same area at the end of Greenmeadow Avenue Tuesday. The flames burned approximately 1,000 square feet of brush just off the trailhead.
According to authorities, crews were also called to respond to two suspicious small brush fires 75 feet apart in the same area two days later on Thursday.
A joint investigation between the Venture County Fire Department and the Thousand Oaks Police led to surveillance of the trailhead and ultimately the juvenile's arrest.
The juvenile was arrested for arson and released to his family.
arrest, arson, brush fire, fire, ventura county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians