Ventura County News
Two men arrested on car break-in charges in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Ventura residents were arrested Saturday for theft after they burglarized a car and were caught peering into others.
According to the Ventura County Police Department, police were called around 11 p.m. by an alert citizen who reported they had witnessed Cameron Zieglar, 18, and 21-year-old Charles Batchley peering into parked vehicles near Porter Lane and Dos Caminos Avenue.
As a patrol officer was responding to the call, police were notified of a break-in near Borchard Drive and Ocean Avenue by a second citizen. As the officers approached the location, the two males began running. After a brief foot pursuit, each was found to be in possession of property taken from the vehicle.
The suspects were booked into the Ventura County Jail for theft, conspiracy to commit theft, and possession of stolen property.
The VCPD is reminding car owners to lock their vehicles and hide or remove any valuables from plain sight.
arrest, burglary, ventura county news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 1 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 42 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)