Ventura County News
Two men arrested on car break-in charges in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Ventura residents were arrested Saturday for theft after they burglarized a car and were caught peering into others.
According to the Ventura County Police Department, police were called around 11 p.m. by an alert citizen who reported they had witnessed Cameron Zieglar, 18, and 21-year-old Charles Batchley peering into parked vehicles near Porter Lane and Dos Caminos Avenue.
As a patrol officer was responding to the call, police were notified of a break-in near Borchard Drive and Ocean Avenue by a second citizen. As the officers approached the location, the two males began running. After a brief foot pursuit, each was found to be in possession of property taken from the vehicle.
The suspects were booked into the Ventura County Jail for theft, conspiracy to commit theft, and possession of stolen property.
The VCPD is reminding car owners to lock their vehicles and hide or remove any valuables from plain sight.
arrest, burglary, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 53 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 44 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 40 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video