Ventura County News
Oxnard police seek help in unsolved murder of Steven Anthony Lemos, Sr.
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- The Oxnard Police Department is asking for the public's help to find the gunman who killed 24-year-old Steven Anthony Lemos, Sr. ten years ago.
The unsolved shooting happened on Oct. 10, 2002 at about 11 p.m. in the 1900 block of North H Street.
According to detectives, Lemos was shot several times and later died during surgery at a local hospital.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 25-33 years old, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 190 lbs.
At the time of the murder, he was seen wearing a black baseball cap, a black fitted sweater and black jeans. Detectives say he may have been in the company of an Asian or African American female.
The city of Oxnard is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspect(s) in Lemos' homicide case.
Anyone with information about this unsolved murder is urged to call Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740 or Detective Robert Eckman at (805) 385-7760.
homicide investigation, murder, ventura county news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 44 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 3 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'