Ventura County News
Oxnard police seek help in unsolved murder of Steven Anthony Lemos, Sr.
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- The Oxnard Police Department is asking for the public's help to find the gunman who killed 24-year-old Steven Anthony Lemos, Sr. ten years ago.
The unsolved shooting happened on Oct. 10, 2002 at about 11 p.m. in the 1900 block of North H Street.
According to detectives, Lemos was shot several times and later died during surgery at a local hospital.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 25-33 years old, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 190 lbs.
At the time of the murder, he was seen wearing a black baseball cap, a black fitted sweater and black jeans. Detectives say he may have been in the company of an Asian or African American female.
The city of Oxnard is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspect(s) in Lemos' homicide case.
Anyone with information about this unsolved murder is urged to call Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740 or Detective Robert Eckman at (805) 385-7760.
homicide investigation, murder, ventura county news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW 53 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images 33 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5 36 min ago
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons