Ventura County News
Marijuana-growing operation seized in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A large-scale marijuana farm was discovered in Moorpark, with nearly 3,000 plants at an estimated value of $3M.
The outdoor marijuana growing operation was discovered Tuesday around 9 a.m. by Ventura County Sheriff's Narcotics detectives who were following a tip.
Deputies seized 3,000 plants after hiking into the canyon where the plants were located.
According to authorities, the crop was growing on private property northeast of Moorpark College without the property owner's knowledge.
Investigators also found food supplies, propane tanks, cooking utensils, and hundreds of feet of irrigation pipes.
Anyone with information regarding this illegal operation is urged to contact Detective Sean Taylor at (805) 383-8700.
marijuana, marijuana growing, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months