Ventura County News
Marijuana-growing operation seized in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A large-scale marijuana farm was discovered in Moorpark, with nearly 3,000 plants at an estimated value of $3M.
The outdoor marijuana growing operation was discovered Tuesday around 9 a.m. by Ventura County Sheriff's Narcotics detectives who were following a tip.
Deputies seized 3,000 plants after hiking into the canyon where the plants were located.
According to authorities, the crop was growing on private property northeast of Moorpark College without the property owner's knowledge.
Investigators also found food supplies, propane tanks, cooking utensils, and hundreds of feet of irrigation pipes.
Anyone with information regarding this illegal operation is urged to contact Detective Sean Taylor at (805) 383-8700.
marijuana, marijuana growing, ventura county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut