Ventura County News
Ventura Harbor rescue: Victim hid from EMS
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who was struggling in the Ventura Harbor hid from rescuers as they tried to save him on Wednesday.
Fire, police and EMS personnel responded to a report of a person in the water in distress in the Ventura Harbor at about 2 a.m. Upon arriving on scene, rescuers searched for about 45 minutes until they found the victim in the water.
Authorities say the victim was trying to hide under a dock while rescuers searched for him. It remains unclear why the 43-year-old man tried to hide from search crews.
After he was pulled out of the water, the victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center to be evaluated for hypothermia. Ventura police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the rescue.
rescue, ventura county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears 47 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 20 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report