Ventura County News
Ventura Harbor rescue: Victim hid from EMS
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who was struggling in the Ventura Harbor hid from rescuers as they tried to save him on Wednesday.
Fire, police and EMS personnel responded to a report of a person in the water in distress in the Ventura Harbor at about 2 a.m. Upon arriving on scene, rescuers searched for about 45 minutes until they found the victim in the water.
Authorities say the victim was trying to hide under a dock while rescuers searched for him. It remains unclear why the 43-year-old man tried to hide from search crews.
After he was pulled out of the water, the victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center to be evaluated for hypothermia. Ventura police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the rescue.
rescue, ventura county news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 35 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend 52 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home 23 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'