Ventura County News
Ventura Harbor rescue: Victim hid from EMS
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who was struggling in the Ventura Harbor hid from rescuers as they tried to save him on Wednesday.
Fire, police and EMS personnel responded to a report of a person in the water in distress in the Ventura Harbor at about 2 a.m. Upon arriving on scene, rescuers searched for about 45 minutes until they found the victim in the water.
Authorities say the victim was trying to hide under a dock while rescuers searched for him. It remains unclear why the 43-year-old man tried to hide from search crews.
After he was pulled out of the water, the victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center to be evaluated for hypothermia. Ventura police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the rescue.
rescue, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 39 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour