Ventura County News
Oxnard elementary school office manager charged w/ child sex abuse
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- The Oxnard Police Family Protection Unit arrested an Oxnard man on suspicion of sexually abusing a girl between the age of 12 and 16-years-old Tuesday.
According to authorities, Gustavo Mayo Canizalez, 29, had engaged in numerous acts of sexual abuse with the underage child, whose name has been withheld.
The suspect was arrested for his lewd and lascivious acts Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Canizalez is employed as an office manager for Harrington Elementary School in Oxnard. Authorities said the victim had no ties to the school.
Anyone with information about this ongoing investigation is encouraged to call Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740 or Detective Luis McArthur at (805) 385-7662.
arrest, child abuse, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 45 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)