Ventura County News
Oxnard elementary school office manager charged w/ child sex abuse
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- The Oxnard Police Family Protection Unit arrested an Oxnard man on suspicion of sexually abusing a girl between the age of 12 and 16-years-old Tuesday.
According to authorities, Gustavo Mayo Canizalez, 29, had engaged in numerous acts of sexual abuse with the underage child, whose name has been withheld.
The suspect was arrested for his lewd and lascivious acts Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Canizalez is employed as an office manager for Harrington Elementary School in Oxnard. Authorities said the victim had no ties to the school.
Anyone with information about this ongoing investigation is encouraged to call Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740 or Detective Luis McArthur at (805) 385-7662.
arrest, child abuse, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour