Ventura County News
Oxnard officer-involved shooting kills two, injures third suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting after a brief pursuit in Oxnard left two men dead and a third injured late Saturday night on the 100 block of North Garfield Avenue.
It happened when police officers attempted to pull over a motorist. The driver initially failed to stop but later came to a suspicious halt for approximately 10 minutes between Second Street and Grant Avenue.
During this time, according to Oxnard Police, the three male subjects inside the vehicle failed to comply with the officer's instructions. Information from dispatch emerged that the vehicle occupants had possibly brandished a handgun or weapon.
The driver suddenly drove off and continued to evade officers. Soon after, the driver stopped in the 100 block of North Garfield Avenue.
Once the vehicle came to a complete stop, two of the vehicle occupants made a run for it which led to the officer-involved shooting. Upon securing the scene, one of the subjects was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries while two others sustained fatal gunshot wounds.
Oxnard police officers arrested one suspect. Authorities do not know the involvement of the fourth person in this incident.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Office is conducting the investigation along with the help of the Oxnard Police Department.
arrest, car chase, deputy-involved shooting, pursuit, shooting, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)