Ventura County News
Oxnard officer-involved shooting kills two, injures third suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting after a brief pursuit in Oxnard left two men dead and a third injured late Saturday night on the 100 block of North Garfield Avenue.
It happened when police officers attempted to pull over a motorist. The driver initially failed to stop but later came to a suspicious halt for approximately 10 minutes between Second Street and Grant Avenue.
During this time, according to Oxnard Police, the three male subjects inside the vehicle failed to comply with the officer's instructions. Information from dispatch emerged that the vehicle occupants had possibly brandished a handgun or weapon.
The driver suddenly drove off and continued to evade officers. Soon after, the driver stopped in the 100 block of North Garfield Avenue.
Once the vehicle came to a complete stop, two of the vehicle occupants made a run for it which led to the officer-involved shooting. Upon securing the scene, one of the subjects was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries while two others sustained fatal gunshot wounds.
Oxnard police officers arrested one suspect. Authorities do not know the involvement of the fourth person in this incident.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Office is conducting the investigation along with the help of the Oxnard Police Department.
arrest, car chase, deputy-involved shooting, pursuit, shooting, ventura county news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
- Powerball: Lone winning ticket sold in FL
57 min ago