Ventura County News
Ventura liquor store robber arrested with help of K-9 dog
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Ventura Police Department received a 911 report of an armed robbery in progress at Scandia Liquor on the 10200 block of Telephone Road at about 3:10 p.m. Monday.
A suspect allegedly entered the store brandishing a knife and demanded money from the cashier. The suspect took an undisclosed amount of money from the cash register and fled on foot after briefly struggling with the clerk, according to police.
A responding Ventura officer observed the suspect fleeing in a vehicle at a high rate of speed. Multiple officers stopped the vehicle a few blocks from the liquor store.
Police said the suspect did not comply with officers' commands and a K-9 dog was deployed. After a brief struggle with the dog, the suspect was arrested.
The suspect was identified as 32-year-old Ventura resident John Lopez. Lopez was hospitalized for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. He was then booked into Ventura County Jail on a charge of robbery.
robbery, arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
4 min ago