Ventura County News
Ventura bus hijacked by man with paintball gun
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man with a gun hijacked a bus and took hostages near Ventura College Monday.
Ventura Police received a report of a man with a gun on a bus at 1:49 p.m. Monday. The bus had stopped at the intersection of Telegraph Road and Estates Avenue.
The bus driver escaped the bus. Approximately 10 passengers and the suspect remained on the bus.
Police responded and established a perimeter around the scene and kept traffic away from the area.
An armored police vehicle and a crisis negotiation team were deployed. A negotiator established cellphone contact with the suspect, 33-year-old Tyrone Marsaw. Marsaw was convinced to exit the bus and he was arrested. The remaining passengers exited the bus and the scene was secured by police.
Police located the gun on the bus. It was a paintball gun.
Marsaw was booked at the Ventura County Jail for a probation hold.
No one was injured. The incident lasted approximately 45 minutes.
arrest, ventura county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video