Ventura County News
Ventura bus hijacked by man with paintball gun
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man with a gun hijacked a bus and took hostages near Ventura College Monday.
Ventura Police received a report of a man with a gun on a bus at 1:49 p.m. Monday. The bus had stopped at the intersection of Telegraph Road and Estates Avenue.
The bus driver escaped the bus. Approximately 10 passengers and the suspect remained on the bus.
Police responded and established a perimeter around the scene and kept traffic away from the area.
An armored police vehicle and a crisis negotiation team were deployed. A negotiator established cellphone contact with the suspect, 33-year-old Tyrone Marsaw. Marsaw was convinced to exit the bus and he was arrested. The remaining passengers exited the bus and the scene was secured by police.
Police located the gun on the bus. It was a paintball gun.
Marsaw was booked at the Ventura County Jail for a probation hold.
No one was injured. The incident lasted approximately 45 minutes.
arrest, ventura county news
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 24 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 29 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 41 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 54 min ago
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'