Ventura County News
Woman allegedly robs man at El Pollo Loco drive-thru in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested on suspicion of robbing a man at knifepoint in the drive-thru of a restaurant in Oxnard.
Police said the incident happened on Friday night as the man was waiting in the drive-thru line at the El Pollo Loco restaurant on Vineyard Avenue and Oxnard Boulevard.
The victim flagged down officers nearby and told them a woman had jumped into his vehicle, brandished a knife and demanded money. She fled with an undisclosed amount of money and the victim's cellphone.
The man told police that he saw the suspect, later identified as 27-year-old Nicole Martin, getting into a tan GMC pickup truck that got onto Highway 101. Officers were able to locate and stop the truck on the freeway.
The victim identified the suspect, and she was arrested for robbery. The male driver of the GMC pickup was questioned and determined not to be involved in the robbery. He was released at the scene.
robbery, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 39 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 30 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
42 min ago