Ventura County News
Dispute leads to marijuana bust in Piru; 2 men arrested
PIRU, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested for a marijuana growing operation in Piru after they were disputing over owed wages, officials said.
According to investigators, deputies were called to the 3600 block of East Telegraph Road on Friday for a report of an assault with a deadly weapon.
When they got there, the reported victim, 48-year-old Wayne Cain, said his business partner, 48-year-old Raymond Grams, intentionally knocked him down with his car. Cain suffered minor injuries.
During the investigation, authorities discovered that Cain and Grams had a large marijuana growing operation at the residence. Several rooms of the rented property contained marijuana plants, high intensity lighting on automated tracks, multiple air conditioning units, exhaust fans with carbon filters to reduce odors, and propane fueled carbon dioxide generators.
In all, 541 marijuana plants were seized. Cain was arrested for cultivation of marijuana. Grams was booked for assault with a deadly weapon as well as cultivation of marijuana.
arrest, marijuana, marijuana growing, ventura county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Bear spotted roaming Sun Valley neighborhood
17 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
47 min ago