Ventura County News
Dispute leads to marijuana bust in Piru; 2 men arrested
PIRU, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested for a marijuana growing operation in Piru after they were disputing over owed wages, officials said.
According to investigators, deputies were called to the 3600 block of East Telegraph Road on Friday for a report of an assault with a deadly weapon.
When they got there, the reported victim, 48-year-old Wayne Cain, said his business partner, 48-year-old Raymond Grams, intentionally knocked him down with his car. Cain suffered minor injuries.
During the investigation, authorities discovered that Cain and Grams had a large marijuana growing operation at the residence. Several rooms of the rented property contained marijuana plants, high intensity lighting on automated tracks, multiple air conditioning units, exhaust fans with carbon filters to reduce odors, and propane fueled carbon dioxide generators.
In all, 541 marijuana plants were seized. Cain was arrested for cultivation of marijuana. Grams was booked for assault with a deadly weapon as well as cultivation of marijuana.
arrest, marijuana, marijuana growing, ventura county news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 35 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 1 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 4 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 11 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)