Ventura County News
Oxnard man arrested for cocaine possession, dealing
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard resident was arrested for possession of cocaine for sales and transportation Thursday.
Ventura County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit arrested Vecente Britt, 55, around 4:08 p.m. after searching his vehicle and discovering about 8 grams of rock cocaine. Evidence suggested the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the cocaine was packaged for sales.
A search warrant was also served at Britt's residence in the 3100 block of Eden Street. During the investigation, detectives located additional rock cocaine packaged for sales.
Britt was booked at the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate