Ventura County News
Oxnard man arrested for cocaine possession, dealing
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard resident was arrested for possession of cocaine for sales and transportation Thursday.
Ventura County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit arrested Vecente Britt, 55, around 4:08 p.m. after searching his vehicle and discovering about 8 grams of rock cocaine. Evidence suggested the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the cocaine was packaged for sales.
A search warrant was also served at Britt's residence in the 3100 block of Eden Street. During the investigation, detectives located additional rock cocaine packaged for sales.
Britt was booked at the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 12 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 1 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 8 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)