Ventura County News
Santa Paula man arrested after robbing a man of his medication at knifepoint
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura County Police arrested an armed robbery suspect Thursday after he fled the area of the attack on his bicycle.
Officers from the Ventura County Police Dept. received a report that an armed suspect had robbed a man of his medication at knifepoint on the 100 block of S. Oak St. at about 3:15 p.m.
The victim, 53-year-old Bill Flores of Ventura, was an acquaintance of the suspect and later identified him as Armando Orozco, 38, of Santa Paula.
After obtaining information of Orozco's possible whereabouts, responding officers surrounded the White Caps Motel in the 1600 block of Thompson Blvd. Orozco was arrested and booked at the Ventura County Jail for robbery and an outstanding warrant without further incident.
The bottle of medication was recovered.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 24 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'