Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks search warrant yields 30 pounds of pot, 2 arrests
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested and more than 30 pounds of marijuana seized Wednesday in a drug bust in Thousand Oaks.
Ventura County Sheriff's detectives served a search warrant at Jeffrey Ruthenbeck's home in the 20 block of West Sidlee Street at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Inside the home, they discovered 30 pounds of dried marijuana packaged for sales and a small quantity of methamphetamine, heroin, and dried Psilocybin mushrooms.
Several large marijuana plants were also found in the backyard of the residence. Ruthenbeck, 43, was arrested for cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and possession for sale of a controlled substance.
During the search, a male suspect identified as 36-year-old David Staggs of Anaheim arrived at the residence. After questioning Staggs, detectives determined he provided a false name and was in possession of methamphetamine. He was arrested for giving false information to a peace officer and possession for sales of a controlled substance.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 19 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)