Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks search warrant yields 30 pounds of pot, 2 arrests
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested and more than 30 pounds of marijuana seized Wednesday in a drug bust in Thousand Oaks.
Ventura County Sheriff's detectives served a search warrant at Jeffrey Ruthenbeck's home in the 20 block of West Sidlee Street at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Inside the home, they discovered 30 pounds of dried marijuana packaged for sales and a small quantity of methamphetamine, heroin, and dried Psilocybin mushrooms.
Several large marijuana plants were also found in the backyard of the residence. Ruthenbeck, 43, was arrested for cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and possession for sale of a controlled substance.
During the search, a male suspect identified as 36-year-old David Staggs of Anaheim arrived at the residence. After questioning Staggs, detectives determined he provided a false name and was in possession of methamphetamine. He was arrested for giving false information to a peace officer and possession for sales of a controlled substance.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 2 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video