Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks search warrant yields 30 pounds of pot, 2 arrests
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested and more than 30 pounds of marijuana seized Wednesday in a drug bust in Thousand Oaks.
Ventura County Sheriff's detectives served a search warrant at Jeffrey Ruthenbeck's home in the 20 block of West Sidlee Street at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Inside the home, they discovered 30 pounds of dried marijuana packaged for sales and a small quantity of methamphetamine, heroin, and dried Psilocybin mushrooms.
Several large marijuana plants were also found in the backyard of the residence. Ruthenbeck, 43, was arrested for cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and possession for sale of a controlled substance.
During the search, a male suspect identified as 36-year-old David Staggs of Anaheim arrived at the residence. After questioning Staggs, detectives determined he provided a false name and was in possession of methamphetamine. He was arrested for giving false information to a peace officer and possession for sales of a controlled substance.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 44 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 20 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 6 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts