Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks search warrant yields 30 pounds of pot, 2 arrests
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested and more than 30 pounds of marijuana seized Wednesday in a drug bust in Thousand Oaks.
Ventura County Sheriff's detectives served a search warrant at Jeffrey Ruthenbeck's home in the 20 block of West Sidlee Street at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Inside the home, they discovered 30 pounds of dried marijuana packaged for sales and a small quantity of methamphetamine, heroin, and dried Psilocybin mushrooms.
Several large marijuana plants were also found in the backyard of the residence. Ruthenbeck, 43, was arrested for cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and possession for sale of a controlled substance.
During the search, a male suspect identified as 36-year-old David Staggs of Anaheim arrived at the residence. After questioning Staggs, detectives determined he provided a false name and was in possession of methamphetamine. He was arrested for giving false information to a peace officer and possession for sales of a controlled substance.
arrest, drug cartel, ventura county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 51 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present