Ventura County News
Suspect arrested in Ventura home burglaries
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura police arrested a suspect in the case of a few home invasion burglaries near the 100 block of Park Row Avenue Saturday.
Sean Velasquez, 33, was arrested at about 5:30 p.m. and charged with burglary after a citizen saw the suspect jumping the fence into his backyard.
Police officers investigating the burglary located Velasquez, who was identified as the suspect by the reporting citizen.
Upon detaining Velasquez, two similar reports of home invasion burglaries were reported directly north of the initial investigation in the 100 block of W. Mission Street.
The suspect was found in possession of stolen property from both the victim's homes. Velasquez, who is on parole for drug related charges, was booked at Ventura County Jail for burglary, possession of a controlled substance, and parole hold.
The Ventura Police Department is investigating the case and warns residents to lock all doors and windows.
burglary, home invasion, arrest, ventura county news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Oxnard home, vehicle hit by multiple gunshots 29 min ago
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?