Ventura County News
'Wigout Bandit,' responsible for 3 bank robberies, identified as Daniel Lopez Jr.
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura police are asking for the public's help in finding the so-called "Wigout Bandit," responsible for three robberies within the city.
Authorities have identified the suspect as 50-year-old Daniel Lopez Jr.
The Wigout Bandit robbed three Ventura banks during August and September, and may be linked to several other violent crimes through out the city.
The first robbery occured at a US Bank at 1776 Victoria Avenue on Aug. 1. Lopez also struck a Chase Bank at 2075 S. Victoria Avenue on Aug. 23 and a RaboBank at 300 S. Mills Road on Sept. 28. According to police, the suspect usually wears various wigs and hats.
Lopez is considered armed and dangerous, and is known to frequent hotels and motels in Ventura, Oxnard, and the Santa Barbara area. He has felony warrant for bank robbery and a felony post release offender warrant.
Anyone with any information as to Daniel Lopez Jr.'s whereabouts is urged to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at (800) 222-TIPS or Ventura police at (805) 339-4490.
bank robbery, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 58 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 37 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour