Ventura County News
'Wigout Bandit,' responsible for 3 bank robberies, identified as Daniel Lopez Jr.
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura police are asking for the public's help in finding the so-called "Wigout Bandit," responsible for three robberies within the city.
Authorities have identified the suspect as 50-year-old Daniel Lopez Jr.
The Wigout Bandit robbed three Ventura banks during August and September, and may be linked to several other violent crimes through out the city.
The first robbery occured at a US Bank at 1776 Victoria Avenue on Aug. 1. Lopez also struck a Chase Bank at 2075 S. Victoria Avenue on Aug. 23 and a RaboBank at 300 S. Mills Road on Sept. 28. According to police, the suspect usually wears various wigs and hats.
Lopez is considered armed and dangerous, and is known to frequent hotels and motels in Ventura, Oxnard, and the Santa Barbara area. He has felony warrant for bank robbery and a felony post release offender warrant.
Anyone with any information as to Daniel Lopez Jr.'s whereabouts is urged to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at (800) 222-TIPS or Ventura police at (805) 339-4490.
bank robbery, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 30 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere