Ventura County News
'Wigout Bandit,' responsible for 3 bank robberies, identified as Daniel Lopez Jr.
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura police are asking for the public's help in finding the so-called "Wigout Bandit," responsible for three robberies within the city.
Authorities have identified the suspect as 50-year-old Daniel Lopez Jr.
The Wigout Bandit robbed three Ventura banks during August and September, and may be linked to several other violent crimes through out the city.
The first robbery occured at a US Bank at 1776 Victoria Avenue on Aug. 1. Lopez also struck a Chase Bank at 2075 S. Victoria Avenue on Aug. 23 and a RaboBank at 300 S. Mills Road on Sept. 28. According to police, the suspect usually wears various wigs and hats.
Lopez is considered armed and dangerous, and is known to frequent hotels and motels in Ventura, Oxnard, and the Santa Barbara area. He has felony warrant for bank robbery and a felony post release offender warrant.
Anyone with any information as to Daniel Lopez Jr.'s whereabouts is urged to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at (800) 222-TIPS or Ventura police at (805) 339-4490.
bank robbery, ventura county news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 47 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy