Ventura County News
Alleged 'Wigout Bandit' arrested after 3 robberies in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a man suspected of being the so-called "Wigout Bandit" was arrested Tuesday in connection to a string of robberies in Ventura.
Daniel Lopez Jr., 50, was arrested at 8 p.m. Tuesday by Santa Barbara police for his outstanding warrants for bank robbery and new charges of drug possession.
Lopez is suspected of robbing three Ventura banks in August and September.
The first robbery occured on Aug. 1 at a US Bank at 1776 Victoria Avenue. Then the "Wigout Bandit" struck again at a Chase Bank at 2075 S. Victoria Avenue on Aug. 23 and a RaboBank at 300 S. Mills Road on Sept. 28.
Lopez was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail.
bank robbery, arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 10 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 21 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street 58 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere