Ventura County News
Alleged 'Wigout Bandit' arrested after 3 robberies in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a man suspected of being the so-called "Wigout Bandit" was arrested Tuesday in connection to a string of robberies in Ventura.
Daniel Lopez Jr., 50, was arrested at 8 p.m. Tuesday by Santa Barbara police for his outstanding warrants for bank robbery and new charges of drug possession.
Lopez is suspected of robbing three Ventura banks in August and September.
The first robbery occured on Aug. 1 at a US Bank at 1776 Victoria Avenue. Then the "Wigout Bandit" struck again at a Chase Bank at 2075 S. Victoria Avenue on Aug. 23 and a RaboBank at 300 S. Mills Road on Sept. 28.
Lopez was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail.
bank robbery, arrest, ventura county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 49 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 7 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 44 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 34 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis