Ventura County News
Warning: Simi Valley auto thieves targeting catalytic converters
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Catalytic converters are being stolen out of vehicles in Simi Valley.
The Simi Valley Police Department says four catalytic converters have been stolen between Oct. 17 and Oct. 27.
The vehicles targeted have been Toyota Tacoma's and SUV's. Authorities believe this is due to the fact that Toyota's sit higher and are easily sawed off or unbolted.
Catalytic converters are a hot commodity because they contain valuable metals and other materials including: stainless steel, silica, alumina, platinum, palladium, rhodium, cerium, iron, manganese, nickel, and copper.
robbery, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months