Ventura County News
Police chase of wanted parolee ends in barricade in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee who barricaded himself inside a Ventura home was taken into custody Friday after nearly 3 hours.
Stephen Reid, 50, was taken into custody after he was found barricaded inside of a bedroom, according to a Ventura Police Department news release prepared by Sgt. David Dickey.
The incident began at about 12:45 a.m. in the area of East Barnett Street and Ventura Avenue. Street Crime Unit detectives saw Reid driving his motorcycle. Authorities attempted to stop him to make an arrest. Reid failed to yield and led officers on a pursuit through an unpaved dirt area near Kellogg Street.
The suspect then barricaded himself in a duplex located in the 200 block of East Barnett Street for three hours.
Officers surrounded the duplex and ordered Reid to surrender but he failed to comply with the officer's commands. A search was conducted and Reid was arrested.
Reid was transported to Ventura County Medical Center for injuries he sustained during his arrest.
Following his release from the hospital, Reid was booked on evading, delaying, resisting arrest and the outstanding parole warrant at the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, pursuit, standoff, ventura county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 2 min ago
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book