Ventura County News
Police chase of wanted parolee ends in barricade in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee who barricaded himself inside a Ventura home was taken into custody Friday after nearly 3 hours.
Stephen Reid, 50, was taken into custody after he was found barricaded inside of a bedroom, according to a Ventura Police Department news release prepared by Sgt. David Dickey.
The incident began at about 12:45 a.m. in the area of East Barnett Street and Ventura Avenue. Street Crime Unit detectives saw Reid driving his motorcycle. Authorities attempted to stop him to make an arrest. Reid failed to yield and led officers on a pursuit through an unpaved dirt area near Kellogg Street.
The suspect then barricaded himself in a duplex located in the 200 block of East Barnett Street for three hours.
Officers surrounded the duplex and ordered Reid to surrender but he failed to comply with the officer's commands. A search was conducted and Reid was arrested.
Reid was transported to Ventura County Medical Center for injuries he sustained during his arrest.
Following his release from the hospital, Reid was booked on evading, delaying, resisting arrest and the outstanding parole warrant at the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, pursuit, standoff, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle 32 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 38 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis