Ventura County News
Police chase of wanted parolee ends in barricade in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee who barricaded himself inside a Ventura home was taken into custody Friday after nearly 3 hours.
Stephen Reid, 50, was taken into custody after he was found barricaded inside of a bedroom, according to a Ventura Police Department news release prepared by Sgt. David Dickey.
The incident began at about 12:45 a.m. in the area of East Barnett Street and Ventura Avenue. Street Crime Unit detectives saw Reid driving his motorcycle. Authorities attempted to stop him to make an arrest. Reid failed to yield and led officers on a pursuit through an unpaved dirt area near Kellogg Street.
The suspect then barricaded himself in a duplex located in the 200 block of East Barnett Street for three hours.
Officers surrounded the duplex and ordered Reid to surrender but he failed to comply with the officer's commands. A search was conducted and Reid was arrested.
Reid was transported to Ventura County Medical Center for injuries he sustained during his arrest.
Following his release from the hospital, Reid was booked on evading, delaying, resisting arrest and the outstanding parole warrant at the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, pursuit, standoff, ventura county news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 2 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Woman seen on camera taking dog from OC home
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 14 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 45 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy