Ventura County News
Oxnard man killed by machine at agricultural field
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A worker was killed after he was pulled into a piece of machinery at an agricultural field just outside Santa Paula.
The incident happened at about 8 a.m. Friday south of Peck Road. Ventura County sheriff's officials say the worker got his shirt caught in an auger on the back of a tractor, which was being used to dig post holes along the edge of a field of row crops.
Cal-OSHA is investigating the accident. The worker was only identified as a 30-year-old man from Oxnard. His identity was being withheld pending notification of relatives.
accident, ventura county news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)