Ventura County News
Candlelight vigil held in Thousand Oaks for NY nanny murders
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A candlelight vigil was held in Thousand Oaks Sunday night for the two children stabbed to death in New York, allegedly by their nanny.
The mother of 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, came home to find the bodies in the bathtub. Police say that on the evening of Oct. 25, while the children's mother was out with a third child, the nanny, 50-year-old Yoselyn Ortega, repeatedly stabbed the two kids before stabbing and wounding herself.
The father of the children, Kevin Krim, grew up in Thousand Oaks. Friends of the Krim Family came together outside St. Paschal Baylon Church to offer their support and condolences.
"We all on one level or another have experienced this loss with them as a community and we just want to show our love and support," said Kimberly Mutolo of Thousand Oaks.
Ortega had recovered from her wounds enough by Saturday to be interviewed by police. She was charged with first- and second-degree murder.
new york, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 8 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 34 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 53 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 15 min ago
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis