Ventura County News
8 of 9 Stolen Mission San Buenaventura relics recovered; suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police recovered eight of nine religious relics stolen from Mission San Buenaventura, it was announced Tuesday.
Nine relics were stolen from the Mission three weeks ago. Eight of the relics have been recovered.
Police said Edward Burgess, 26, was arrested Monday for the thefts. He was already in custody for a different incident.
Police said Burgess stole the relics so he could sell them to buy drugs.
Investigators are still trying to track down the one missing relic.
burglary, arrest, ventura county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 48 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
39 min ago
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
46 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
51 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
30 min ago