Ventura County News
8 of 9 Stolen Mission San Buenaventura relics recovered; suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police recovered eight of nine religious relics stolen from Mission San Buenaventura, it was announced Tuesday.
Nine relics were stolen from the Mission three weeks ago. Eight of the relics have been recovered.
Police said Edward Burgess, 26, was arrested Monday for the thefts. He was already in custody for a different incident.
Police said Burgess stole the relics so he could sell them to buy drugs.
Investigators are still trying to track down the one missing relic.
burglary, arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months