Ventura County News
8 of 9 Stolen Mission San Buenaventura relics recovered; suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police recovered eight of nine religious relics stolen from Mission San Buenaventura, it was announced Tuesday.
Nine relics were stolen from the Mission three weeks ago. Eight of the relics have been recovered.
Police said Edward Burgess, 26, was arrested Monday for the thefts. He was already in custody for a different incident.
Police said Burgess stole the relics so he could sell them to buy drugs.
Investigators are still trying to track down the one missing relic.
burglary, arrest, ventura county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 41 min ago
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds 52 min ago
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 27 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan