Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed in back in confrontation
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed in the back and another was struck in the head with an unknown object during a confrontation in Oxnard.
Investigators said an apparent confrontation between two men, 18 and 20 years old, led to the stabbing in the 700 block of Teakwood Street around 1:50 p.m. Saturday.
One of the two unidentified male victims was found suffering from a stab wound to his back. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.
Officers found the second unidentified male victim nearby in the 300 block of South G Street. He sustained a laceration to his head with an unknown object and was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center. He has since been released.
Police say the fight ensued after the male victims confronted each other. The fight does not appear to be gang related, however, the motive is still unknown.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is urged to call Detective Steve Funk at (805) 385-7796 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
fight, stabbing, ventura county news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California 29 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film