Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed in back in confrontation
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed in the back and another was struck in the head with an unknown object during a confrontation in Oxnard.
Investigators said an apparent confrontation between two men, 18 and 20 years old, led to the stabbing in the 700 block of Teakwood Street around 1:50 p.m. Saturday.
One of the two unidentified male victims was found suffering from a stab wound to his back. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.
Officers found the second unidentified male victim nearby in the 300 block of South G Street. He sustained a laceration to his head with an unknown object and was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center. He has since been released.
Police say the fight ensued after the male victims confronted each other. The fight does not appear to be gang related, however, the motive is still unknown.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is urged to call Detective Steve Funk at (805) 385-7796 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
fight, stabbing, ventura county news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 38 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre