Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed in back in confrontation
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed in the back and another was struck in the head with an unknown object during a confrontation in Oxnard.
Investigators said an apparent confrontation between two men, 18 and 20 years old, led to the stabbing in the 700 block of Teakwood Street around 1:50 p.m. Saturday.
One of the two unidentified male victims was found suffering from a stab wound to his back. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.
Officers found the second unidentified male victim nearby in the 300 block of South G Street. He sustained a laceration to his head with an unknown object and was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center. He has since been released.
Police say the fight ensued after the male victims confronted each other. The fight does not appear to be gang related, however, the motive is still unknown.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is urged to call Detective Steve Funk at (805) 385-7796 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
fight, stabbing, ventura county news
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 59 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard 49 min ago
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again 59 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US 13 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)