Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed by gang member, hospitalized in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old Oxnard man was stabbed in a knife attack in Ventura Thursday.
Ventura police responded to a report of a stabbing on the 500 block of East Santa Clara Street around 1:25 a.m.
Authorities say a man was stabbed after he and his friends were confronted by another group of men who belonged to a gang and an argument developed.
The victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center where he underwent surgery for a non-life threatening injury.
The suspect was described as Hispanic male in his 20s, approximately 6 foot and weighing around 190 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black shirt and dark pants.
An investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4416.
stabbing, gang activity, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video