Ventura County News
Unattended candles to blame for structure fire in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters say unattended candles left on a fireplace mantel are to blame for a structure fire in Ventura early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:39 a.m. at a structure in the 9600 block of Tule Lake Street.
Ventura City firefighters say a fire suppression sprinkler system extinguished the fire but caused severe water damage to the structure.
Firefighters remained on scene to assist the homeowner in salvaging personal belongings and furniture as well as remove water from the residence.
No one was hurt.
The fire caused an estimated $60,000 in damage.
fire, ventura county news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 40 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace 43 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM 42 min ago
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke