Ventura County News
Unattended candles to blame for structure fire in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters say unattended candles left on a fireplace mantel are to blame for a structure fire in Ventura early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:39 a.m. at a structure in the 9600 block of Tule Lake Street.
Ventura City firefighters say a fire suppression sprinkler system extinguished the fire but caused severe water damage to the structure.
Firefighters remained on scene to assist the homeowner in salvaging personal belongings and furniture as well as remove water from the residence.
No one was hurt.
The fire caused an estimated $60,000 in damage.
fire, ventura county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 37 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 37 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 3 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 10 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry