Ventura County News
Oxnard park employee robbed at knifepoint
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard parks and recreation employee was robbed at knifepoint on Sunday, police said.
The robbery happened around 7:15 p.m. at Marina West Park on the 1300 block of El Portal Way. Julian Lopez, 34, told police he had just locked the bathrooms to the park when he was confronted by about 10 male suspects.
Eight of them had bandanas covering the bottom portion of their faces. Two other suspects threatened and assaulted Lopez while holding knives. They were able to get the victim's wallet. Before fleeing the scene, the suspects took items from Lopez's city work truck and vandalized the tires.
The suspects, only described as Hispanic males between 15 to 18 years old, were last seen heading towards Novato Drive. Anyone with information was asked to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7796.
robbery, ventura county news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 38 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants