Ventura County News
Off-duty deputy won't face prosecution for fatal crash that killed ex-Marine
FILLMORE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy will not be prosecuted for causing a deadly crash while apparently suffering a seizure.
Michael Cedarland drove into a Starbucks last December while apparently suffering a seizure.
He hit Sergio Mendez, a retired Marine and Iraq war veteran. Mendez was sitting in a chair when Cedarland's SUV crashed through the building and pinned him against a wall.
Mendez died in surgery.
After a yearlong investigation, authorities determined Cedarland was not at fault.
car crash, ventura county news
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 31 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive 3 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 20 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 49 min ago