Ventura County News
Moorpark man accused of posing as dentist
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-year-old man is charged with practicing dentistry without a license out of his apartment in Moorpark.
William Escobar was arrested after a month-long investigation. Investigators say Escobar gave people cleanings and even injected them with anesthetics at his home on the 600 block of Spring Road.
One patient reported him in November after suffering swelling in his gums. When investigators searched Escobar's home, they found an elaborate illegal dental operation, complete with a dental chair, tools, anesthetic drugs, false teeth and orthodontia type items.
Authorities say Escobar had numerous customers, including teenagers. He was charged with felony practice of dentistry without a license, misdemeanor furnishing of dangerous drugs and possession of needles.
Investigators are asking those who have received service from Escobar to contact Moorpark authorities. Officials are especially interested in contacting children and their parents who received dental or orthodontia care from Escobar.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you can call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
arrest, ventura county news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena 8 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit 18 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 32 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
57 min ago
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
2 min ago