Ventura County News
Moorpark man accused of posing as dentist
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-year-old man is charged with practicing dentistry without a license out of his apartment in Moorpark.
William Escobar was arrested after a month-long investigation. Investigators say Escobar gave people cleanings and even injected them with anesthetics at his home on the 600 block of Spring Road.
One patient reported him in November after suffering swelling in his gums. When investigators searched Escobar's home, they found an elaborate illegal dental operation, complete with a dental chair, tools, anesthetic drugs, false teeth and orthodontia type items.
Authorities say Escobar had numerous customers, including teenagers. He was charged with felony practice of dentistry without a license, misdemeanor furnishing of dangerous drugs and possession of needles.
Investigators are asking those who have received service from Escobar to contact Moorpark authorities. Officials are especially interested in contacting children and their parents who received dental or orthodontia care from Escobar.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you can call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
arrest, ventura county news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 21 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video