Ventura County News
Ventura pursuit suspect jumps from moving car
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A chase suspect jumped out of a moving car as Ventura police were pursuing him along Pacific Coast Highway.
It all started shortly past midnight Sunday when a Ventura police officer spotted a car possibly involved in a robbery on Friday. The officer attempted to pull the car over, but the driver kept going, and a pursuit ensued.
The chase began at West Main Street and continued to the northbound lanes of the 101 Freeway. The suspect exited at the State Beaches off ramp, and then began traveling northbound on Pacific Coast Highway, at times reaching 100 mph.
The driver, a 17-year-old, eventually slowed down along Rincon Parkway and jumped out of the car while it was still in motion. He tried to flee on foot on the beach, but officers apprehended him. There was another juvenile male, a juvenile female and an adult female in the car. Authorities say the adult female was able to bring the car to a halt after the driver bailed.
The driver was arrested for robbery, felony evading of police officers and an outstanding warrant. His identity was not released due to his age.
No one was injured during the pursuit and no property was damaged.
pursuit, car chase, arrest, pacific coast highway, ventura county news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 45 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)