Ventura County News
Motorcyclist shot dead by CHP in Ventura County
VENTURA COUNTY, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcyclist was shot dead by California Highway Patrol officers in Ventura County on Saturday after allegedly refusing to pull over during a traffic stop.
Officers said they attempted to stop the speeding motorcyclist around 2:20 p.m. on Pacific Coast Highway just north of the city of Ventura. The suspect refused to pull over, they said, and the pursuit continued to Padre Juan Canyon Road, where officers opened fire. The suspect was declared dead at the scene.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting were unclear and it was unknown if the suspect had a weapon.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Department was brought in to handle the investigation.
officer-involved shooting, ventura county news
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack 31 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 43 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer 27 min ago
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
16 min ago