Ventura County News
Driver in fatal Ventura County Ferrari crash identified
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver who died in a fiery Ferrari crash in Ventura County has been identified as a 52-year-old Los Angeles man.
According to medical examiners, Mahalingam Shrinivas died of smoke inhalation when the 2004 Ferrari F-360 crashed and burst into flames Thursday night in a ditch near Point Mugu.
A 23-year-old passenger was hospitalized with non-life threatening burns.
Officials said Shrinivas lost control of the vehicle as he was going north on Las Posas Road east of Highway 1.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, car crash, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 41 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 48 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 8 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere