Ventura County News
Driver in fatal Ventura County Ferrari crash identified
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver who died in a fiery Ferrari crash in Ventura County has been identified as a 52-year-old Los Angeles man.
According to medical examiners, Mahalingam Shrinivas died of smoke inhalation when the 2004 Ferrari F-360 crashed and burst into flames Thursday night in a ditch near Point Mugu.
A 23-year-old passenger was hospitalized with non-life threatening burns.
Officials said Shrinivas lost control of the vehicle as he was going north on Las Posas Road east of Highway 1.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, car crash, ventura county news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with churchgoers 31 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards 6 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested