Ventura County News
Driver in fatal Ventura County Ferrari crash identified
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver who died in a fiery Ferrari crash in Ventura County has been identified as a 52-year-old Los Angeles man.
According to medical examiners, Mahalingam Shrinivas died of smoke inhalation when the 2004 Ferrari F-360 crashed and burst into flames Thursday night in a ditch near Point Mugu.
A 23-year-old passenger was hospitalized with non-life threatening burns.
Officials said Shrinivas lost control of the vehicle as he was going north on Las Posas Road east of Highway 1.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, car crash, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)