Ventura County News
Ventura man accused of robbery, spousal abuse
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested Wednesday in Ventura after two separate altercations in one day, according to police.
Officials said Hector Villa approached a man selling flowers on the 300 block of North Ventura Avenue and demanded free flowers. When the victim said no, Villa allegedly punched him in the face, took his cellphone and wallet and then fled the scene.
Officers searched the area, but they couldn't find Villa. Later that day, authorities responded to a report of domestic violence in the area of Olive Street and Harrison Avenue. During their investigation, they determined Villa was the same suspect in the first incident. Officers said Villa was in possession of the stolen property and the victim positively identified him.
Villa was booked into Ventura County Jail for possession of a controlled substance and spousal battery.
ventura county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 55 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 32 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10