Ventura County News
Ventura man accused of robbery, spousal abuse
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested Wednesday in Ventura after two separate altercations in one day, according to police.
Officials said Hector Villa approached a man selling flowers on the 300 block of North Ventura Avenue and demanded free flowers. When the victim said no, Villa allegedly punched him in the face, took his cellphone and wallet and then fled the scene.
Officers searched the area, but they couldn't find Villa. Later that day, authorities responded to a report of domestic violence in the area of Olive Street and Harrison Avenue. During their investigation, they determined Villa was the same suspect in the first incident. Officers said Villa was in possession of the stolen property and the victim positively identified him.
Villa was booked into Ventura County Jail for possession of a controlled substance and spousal battery.
ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 30 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video