Ventura County News
Suspect climbs onto roof to rob Thousand Oaks business
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks robbery suspect was able to get into a secure area of a check cashing business by climbing onto the roof.
Authorities say the incident happened at the Conejo Check Cashing in the 2400 block of Hillcrest Drive in the community of Newbury Park at about 9 a.m. The suspect forced his way through the roof, which landed him in a secure area of the business.
The suspect confronted the clerk, who had been helping customers, and demanded money. The clerk was able to escape during the robbery and was not injured.
Authorities say the suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of money. A suspect description was not immediately available, and it was unclear if the business had surveillance cameras.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Thousand Oaks Police Department at (805) 494-8224.
robbery, ventura county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 14 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 4 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video