Ventura County News
Ventura house fire caused by floor heater
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A house fire in Ventura was likely sparked by a floor heater, according to fire investigators.
When firefighters arrived on scene in the 500 block of Clemente Street Friday afternoon, they found smoke seeping out from underneath the home.
Firefighters entered the home, searched for occupants and extinguished the fire, which was in the subfloor of the home.
Neighboring residences were not damaged.
A fire investigator concluded the blaze was sparked by radiated heat from a floor heater.
No injuries were reported. Damage to the home was estimated at $40,000 and damage to its contents was estimated at $15,000.
fire, ventura county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 52 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 48 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 43 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors