Ventura County News
VC officers Taser, arrest knife-wielding man
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley man armed with a knife was Tasered by police officers after he refused to drop the weapon.
Police responded to the 1700 block of Royal Avenue around 1:07 p.m. Saturday following a report that a male subject was walking down the roadway carrying a knife.
As officers arrived, they found Eric Logue walking eastbound holding a kitchen knife in his right hand. The 34-year-old suspect was bleeding from self-inflicted wounds to his left wrist.
Logue refused to obey commands made by officers to drop the knife. A Taser was then used to subdue the suspect.
He was treated at Simi Valley Hospital and later booked at the East Valley Sheriff's station for resisting arrest.
No officers were reportedly injured during the incident.
arrest, ventura county news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
19 min ago