Ventura County News
Oxnard teacher loses appeal over porn video firing
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher who was fired after students found out she had appeared in pornography has lost an appeal to return to the classroom.
A three-judge panel has upheld the Oxnard School District's decision to fire 32-year-old Stacie Halas.
Halas was teaching science at Haydock Intermediate School last spring when students and teachers discovered her online adult videos. She was terminated a short time later.
Judge Julie Cabos-Owen wrote in a 46-page decision that the online porn prevents Halas from being "an effective teacher and respected colleague." Halas was continually deceitful about her nine-month career in porn before she went to work at the school, the decision said.
According to her lawyer, Halas had tried to be honest but was embarrassed by her previous experience in the adult industry.
Halas and her lawyer may appeal to the Ventura County Superior Court.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
ventura county news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 30 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 16 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)