Ventura County News
Ventura mom arrested for child endangerment, accused of selling drugs from home
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County mother was arrested for felony child endangerment after authorities found narcotics and other drug paraphernalia in a bedroom she shares with her 9-year-old son.
Tina Rogers, 42, was arrested last Friday after authorities issued a search warrant for her home in the 4100 block of North Ventura Avenue in the unincorporated county area north of Ventura.
Investigators said over the past few weeks they have been receiving tips about criminal activity surrounding the home.
According to detectives, Rogers was selling drugs from her residence. They found approximately 2 grams of heroin, syringes filled with heroin, and about 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.
Along with felony child endangerment, Rogers was booked for possession of heroin and methamphetamine for sale and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Another person at the home, 23-year-old Anthony Maxwell, was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance. The 9-year-old boy was released to the Ventura County Child & Family Services.
ventura county news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 36 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz 28 min ago
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges 30 min ago
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies 32 min ago
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot