Ventura County News
Ventura mom arrested for child endangerment, accused of selling drugs from home
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County mother was arrested for felony child endangerment after authorities found narcotics and other drug paraphernalia in a bedroom she shares with her 9-year-old son.
Tina Rogers, 42, was arrested last Friday after authorities issued a search warrant for her home in the 4100 block of North Ventura Avenue in the unincorporated county area north of Ventura.
Investigators said over the past few weeks they have been receiving tips about criminal activity surrounding the home.
According to detectives, Rogers was selling drugs from her residence. They found approximately 2 grams of heroin, syringes filled with heroin, and about 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.
Along with felony child endangerment, Rogers was booked for possession of heroin and methamphetamine for sale and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Another person at the home, 23-year-old Anthony Maxwell, was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance. The 9-year-old boy was released to the Ventura County Child & Family Services.
ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role