Ventura County News
Ventura mom arrested for child endangerment, accused of selling drugs from home
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County mother was arrested for felony child endangerment after authorities found narcotics and other drug paraphernalia in a bedroom she shares with her 9-year-old son.
Tina Rogers, 42, was arrested last Friday after authorities issued a search warrant for her home in the 4100 block of North Ventura Avenue in the unincorporated county area north of Ventura.
Investigators said over the past few weeks they have been receiving tips about criminal activity surrounding the home.
According to detectives, Rogers was selling drugs from her residence. They found approximately 2 grams of heroin, syringes filled with heroin, and about 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.
Along with felony child endangerment, Rogers was booked for possession of heroin and methamphetamine for sale and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Another person at the home, 23-year-old Anthony Maxwell, was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance. The 9-year-old boy was released to the Ventura County Child & Family Services.
ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 51 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 5 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 30 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)