Ventura County News
Ventura mom arrested for child endangerment, accused of selling drugs from home
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County mother was arrested for felony child endangerment after authorities found narcotics and other drug paraphernalia in a bedroom she shares with her 9-year-old son.
Tina Rogers, 42, was arrested last Friday after authorities issued a search warrant for her home in the 4100 block of North Ventura Avenue in the unincorporated county area north of Ventura.
Investigators said over the past few weeks they have been receiving tips about criminal activity surrounding the home.
According to detectives, Rogers was selling drugs from her residence. They found approximately 2 grams of heroin, syringes filled with heroin, and about 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.
Along with felony child endangerment, Rogers was booked for possession of heroin and methamphetamine for sale and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Another person at the home, 23-year-old Anthony Maxwell, was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance. The 9-year-old boy was released to the Ventura County Child & Family Services.
ventura county news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 20 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 47 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Bill to protect healthcare workers introduced
42 min ago
- Cool Kid reaches kids before they find...
19 min ago