Ventura County News
Ventura mom arrested for child endangerment, accused of selling drugs from home
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County mother was arrested for felony child endangerment after authorities found narcotics and other drug paraphernalia in a bedroom she shares with her 9-year-old son.
Tina Rogers, 42, was arrested last Friday after authorities issued a search warrant for her home in the 4100 block of North Ventura Avenue in the unincorporated county area north of Ventura.
Investigators said over the past few weeks they have been receiving tips about criminal activity surrounding the home.
According to detectives, Rogers was selling drugs from her residence. They found approximately 2 grams of heroin, syringes filled with heroin, and about 1.5 grams of methamphetamine.
Along with felony child endangerment, Rogers was booked for possession of heroin and methamphetamine for sale and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Another person at the home, 23-year-old Anthony Maxwell, was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance. The 9-year-old boy was released to the Ventura County Child & Family Services.
ventura county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Video: Boycott Harvey Milk Day, group urges parents 16 min ago
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest 45 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- 'Captain Kangaroo' treasures now on sale
30 min ago