Ventura County News
3 killed in 2 locations in Oxnard shootings
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed in separate, but related shootings in Oxnard on Wednesday night.
Oxnard police received a report of gunshots at an apartment in the 1200 block of Hull Place at 4:30 p.m. Responding officers found two women fatally shot at the location. One woman was inside the apartment, the other was outside the apartment. Police said one woman was in her 40s and the other was her daughter in her 20s.
Approximately 30 minutes later, a man in his 50s was found fatally shot in the 200 block of South Marquita Street, about 2 to 3 miles away from the previous shooting scene. Police said the fatal gunshot may have been self-inflicted.
Police said the incidents are related. They were investigating the motive for the shooting and relationship between the victims. There were two children found at the first shooting scene - they were not injured. The kids were placed in protective custody.
Police said they were not searching for a shooting and that there was no threat to public safety.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, ventura county news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 19 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 35 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)