Ventura County News
3 killed in 2 locations in Oxnard shootings
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed in separate, but related shootings in Oxnard on Wednesday night.
Oxnard police received a report of gunshots at an apartment in the 1200 block of Hull Place at 4:30 p.m. Responding officers found two women fatally shot at the location. One woman was inside the apartment, the other was outside the apartment. Police said one woman was in her 40s and the other was her daughter in her 20s.
Approximately 30 minutes later, a man in his 50s was found fatally shot in the 200 block of South Marquita Street, about 2 to 3 miles away from the previous shooting scene. Police said the fatal gunshot may have been self-inflicted.
Police said the incidents are related. They were investigating the motive for the shooting and relationship between the victims. There were two children found at the first shooting scene - they were not injured. The kids were placed in protective custody.
Police said they were not searching for a shooting and that there was no threat to public safety.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
15 min ago