Ventura County News
Stolen property suspects arrested in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men and one woman were arrested in Thousand Oaks on suspicion of possessing stolen property and child endangerment.
Detectives served a search warrant at a residence on the 100 block of Hope Road around 7 p.m. Saturday.
A tip from a reliable source led detectives to the location where numerous items that were stolen from vehicles and open garages were said to be located. The items were allegedly being sold by a 35-year-old suspect in exchange for cash and drugs.
As they searched the suspect's residence, detectives found numerous stolen items.
Tommy John Gonzales, 35, and Michael Ramos, 21, both of Thousand Oaks, were arrested after they admitted to receiving the stolen property from other persons.
During the investigation, detectives learned Gonzales was also in possession of marijuana and controlled substances for sale.
The suspect had 4-year-old and 6-month-old boys with a female, identified as Sonia Sevilla, 25, of Thousand Oaks. Due to the children's access to the contraband, Ventura County Child Protective Services Agency responded to the location and conducted their own investigation. Upon conclusion, the agency took the suspects' two children into protective custody.
Gonzales was booked at the East County Jail on four felony counts including child endangerment, possession of stolen property, possession for sale of a controlled substance and possession for sale of marijuana. He was being held on $50,000 bail.
Sevilla was arrested for child endangerment. She was booked at the Pre-Trial Detention Facility and held on $50,000 bail.
Ramos was booked at the East County Jail on possession of stolen property and held on $10,000 bail.
If you have been the recent victim of a vehicle burglary and/or residential burglary within the Newbury Park area of Thousand Oaks (or surrounding areas), contact Detective Matt Theobald at (805) 371-8396.
arrest, child abuse, burglary, drug war, ventura county news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested 21 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy