Ventura County News
Stolen property suspects arrested in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men and one woman were arrested in Thousand Oaks on suspicion of possessing stolen property and child endangerment.
Detectives served a search warrant at a residence on the 100 block of Hope Road around 7 p.m. Saturday.
A tip from a reliable source led detectives to the location where numerous items that were stolen from vehicles and open garages were said to be located. The items were allegedly being sold by a 35-year-old suspect in exchange for cash and drugs.
As they searched the suspect's residence, detectives found numerous stolen items.
Tommy John Gonzales, 35, and Michael Ramos, 21, both of Thousand Oaks, were arrested after they admitted to receiving the stolen property from other persons.
During the investigation, detectives learned Gonzales was also in possession of marijuana and controlled substances for sale.
The suspect had 4-year-old and 6-month-old boys with a female, identified as Sonia Sevilla, 25, of Thousand Oaks. Due to the children's access to the contraband, Ventura County Child Protective Services Agency responded to the location and conducted their own investigation. Upon conclusion, the agency took the suspects' two children into protective custody.
Gonzales was booked at the East County Jail on four felony counts including child endangerment, possession of stolen property, possession for sale of a controlled substance and possession for sale of marijuana. He was being held on $50,000 bail.
Sevilla was arrested for child endangerment. She was booked at the Pre-Trial Detention Facility and held on $50,000 bail.
Ramos was booked at the East County Jail on possession of stolen property and held on $10,000 bail.
If you have been the recent victim of a vehicle burglary and/or residential burglary within the Newbury Park area of Thousand Oaks (or surrounding areas), contact Detective Matt Theobald at (805) 371-8396.
arrest, child abuse, burglary, drug war, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months