Ventura County News
Port Hueneme sand erosion to be discussed at meeting
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- The danger posed by eroding sand in Port Hueneme is scheduled to be a hot topic at Monday night's city council meeting.
Council members say coastal streets are in danger of being lost to the sea if sand on the nearby beach isn't replenished.
This year, the Port Hueneme beach area received a fraction of the 1 million cubic yards of sand it typically gets.
The meeting is scheduled to get under way at 6 p.m. at 250 North Ventura Boulevard.
ventura county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 1 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 53 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break