Ventura County News
Moorpark barricade ends in arrest of 26-year-old man
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 26-year-old man was arrested after firing a weapon and then barricading himself in a Moorpark residence Monday.
Shots were reportedly fired at about 7:50 a.m. in the 100 block of Sierra Avenue. Ventura County sheriff's deputies responded.
Several houses in the area were evacuated as a precaution.
The suspect, identified as Paul Huynh, was taken into custody without further incident at about 12:15 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Detectives searched the residence and located a firearm and evidence indicating that the weapon had been discharged. Huynh is being held on $50,000 bail for negligent discharge of a firearm.
standoff, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 32 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 20 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 23 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 41 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 58 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 34 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis