Ventura County News
Moorpark barricade ends in arrest of 26-year-old man
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 26-year-old man was arrested after firing a weapon and then barricading himself in a Moorpark residence Monday.
Shots were reportedly fired at about 7:50 a.m. in the 100 block of Sierra Avenue. Ventura County sheriff's deputies responded.
Several houses in the area were evacuated as a precaution.
The suspect, identified as Paul Huynh, was taken into custody without further incident at about 12:15 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Detectives searched the residence and located a firearm and evidence indicating that the weapon had been discharged. Huynh is being held on $50,000 bail for negligent discharge of a firearm.
standoff, ventura county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 45 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report