Ventura County News
Ventura man stabbed, robbed; suspect sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a male suspect who stabbed and robbed an unidentified man in Ventura Sunday.
The incident happened around 6:48 p.m. near the 2800 block of East Main Street.
According to police, the victim was walking in the area when he was approached by the suspect who demanded money. When the victim refused to hand over the money, the suspect pushed the victim who then fell to the ground.
A fight ensued between both parties during which the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim.
He sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Community Memorial Hospital where he was treated and released a short time later.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male between 20 and 30 years old. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the stabbing was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
stabbing, robbery, ventura county news
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 40 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama 6 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy